professionals in a wide variety of fields.
TravelAny time spent with Saudi Aramco expatriates yields a treasure trove of travel experiences.
Centrally located to three continents and serviced by a large international airport, Saudi Arabia is an excellent starting point for vacations to Europe, Asia and Africa. Additionally, as a result of generous vacation schedules and travel allowances, expatriates and their families typically visit their home countries.
Travel in Saudi Arabia is also a popular activity. Here's some of what you can look forward to:
- The Red Sea, with its pristine coral reefs, is widely acknowledged as one of the best scuba-diving spots in the world
- The company's private beaches, which are perfect for picnics and swimming; and the Arabian Gulf's winds and water offer sport for windsurfers and sailors alike
- The country's many historic sites, including the ancient city of Mada'in Salih (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), which are enjoyed by geologists and amateur archeologists
For students, intersession breaks present a variety of field trips to destinations around the globe. Recent trips include:
- China, where students developed a better understanding of the country's history and its role in the world
- Madagascar, where students participated in Habitat for Humanity homebuilding and toured the island's unique ecosystem of rainforests and deserts
- Italy and Switzerland, a combined trip where students explored cultural sites and developed their skiing skills in the Swiss Alps